Sunday 29 November 2009

A sunday in Heaton (Some things I love about Newcastle)

Today I've done nothing. I've smoked a load and sat in my chair. I saw Nate for a while, and Liam for a tiny bit. I've been thinking about what I love about Newcastle (Inspired in no small part by a conversation with Mark where he said he hated Newcastle). This is what I got...

-Looking up the Tyne from the high level bridge, looking directly onto the other bridges. It's real pretty.
-Smoking whilst walking from Heaton Park, through to Jesmond Dene, then back.
-High Bridge street, with Best Vintage, Union and End clothing.
-Walking from Heaton to town, through Sandyford park, breathing out clouds.
-The cranes on Wallsend riverside.
-Enjoying peppermint tea when it's raining and looking out of my bedroom window onto the rooftops of my back lane.
-Pink Lane; Stateside Diner, Electrik sheep and down onto Central Station.
-Northumberland Street for the accordionists, profiteering spiritual healers, and crazies.
-When I got to go up Greys Monument and look out over the top of the city. Gorgeous.

I'm going to think of more and update...

xo

1 comment: