Tuesday 15 September 2009

Colurful Character- The 'You won't believe what I saw' mental

The other day, Liam, Alex and my bad self were walking from Heaton to town. As we were sauntering along, I saw a gent on a bicycle in the distance. I was waiting to check out his bike (Bikes are pretty, so what?!), so watching intently. As he got closer, I saw it was an elderly gent. I LOVE seeing old people on bikes, so was filled with a little self-satidfied spark. It was shortlived.

He pulled over.
He said "Hey, lads, you'll never believe what I saw on Northumberland Street today!"
I'm the kind of chap who will always humour somebody who comes across as a bit crazy, as it's hilarious, and just because I'm pretty nice and well mannered anyway (Mostly). I said "Go on then, what'd you see?"

He leaned a bit closer… he lowered his speaking volume… He went "A bloke, with two wooden legs! But the funny thing was… He had both if his real feet…"

With that, he cycled off. Seriously, like, that was it! He pulled over, took a few seconds from his day (And remember, he was old, time isn't exactly on his side), confused us, and left. MENTAL!

I loved him, he was everything I look for in an eccentric- dressed a bit unorthodox, riding a bike, trouser legs tucked into socks, funny voice and one big mental personality trait… Awesome. I really, REALLY hope I see him again!

His bike was a rusty pile of scrap metal, by the way.

1 comment: