Tuesday 15 September 2009

Colourful Character- The Roller Mental

I was sitting outside the Chillingham Arms a week or so ago, having a drink with Sophie. If you know the Chilli, you'll know that it's 'Beer garden' is actually no more than three tables looking out onto the busy, loud and slightly polluted Chillingham Road. Lovely scenery!

We were having a drink and talking, when a lady I can only describe as 'Classically off it' rolled past in her wheelchair. She was wearing those shades that don't have ear-bits, the ones that clip onto the front of your regular binoculars. I love those things, theres no bigger indicator that somethings not quite right with a person!

So, she roleld by, and stopped about 2-3 metres away from our table, and stared at us for a second before blowing us a kiss. I laughed, of course. She proceeded to blow a series of kisses our way, and I didn't pretend to catch ONE of them, as I didn't want to encourage her. I should also point out, at this point, she wasn't using the traditional 'Hands on wheels' rolling method, she was pushing her chair backwards along the busy street with her feet. An excelent sight.

After a few awkward seconds of kiss-blowing, she started to leave, by foot and by wheel, while laughing. Very loudly and in a very creepy manner. I was stunned.

She got across the road, and was on her mental way. She was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment